Sunday, April 13, 2008

Now I'm Officially Half Crazy--My First Half Marathon


Just got done this morning running my first half-marathon out on Whidbey Island. Woah....so I realized that I should have trained a little more before tackling the 13.1 mile death match with the pavement.

Actually, I was a few minutes off my goal...I wanted to finish in less than 2 hours, but alas, I pooped out around mile 11, and lost my steam. But I accomplished to overall goal or torturing myself for 2 hours......uh scratch that--I accomplished my overall goal of finishing (albeit in 2:04:09). That puts me above the average finishing time, and overall placement of 560 out of 1479 runners. Ok, so now know what I need to work on for the next one.

I will post a few photos as soon as Ian (the guy who talked me into this whole thing) emails them.

2 comments:

ThePoint. said...

Way to go stallion!

Unknown said...

you rock Jay! We are super proud of you.. and a little jealous.. wish our race was already over!