Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New Friends and Old Friends


Last night I headed down to Puyallup (South Hill actually) to preach at Destiny Christian Center's Youth Service. The youth pastor there, Matt Benson is a great guy, and a new friend of mine. It was really refreshing to visit a church in a different city, and talk with another youth pastor, and encourage each other, and share some of the tough spots. Matt is a great youth pastor who is doing great things in the south Sound region.

One thing I appreciated about him is the fact that he has been in youth ministry for 8 years.....at the same church! In the big picture that would be considered a youth pastor dinosaur. I think the average youth pastor is at one church somewhere in the ballpark of 18 months. This year I will have been at my church for 9 years. It is great to see youth pastors really sticking through some of the tough times and making a significant difference.

It was also great to see Suzy Reed (and Kyle too) who was an intern here at CP last year, and has been a good friend of Sandy and I.

No comments: