Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blogging Unplugged

I never imagined that I would be writing a blog with no power! Last night a drunk driver (a little too happy St. Patty's day), hit a power pole next to our house, and knocked out power to the whole neighborhood. Good thing my trusty Macbook has a charged battery, and I can connect to the internet through my trusty TMobile Dash. Desperate times call for more technology.

So as we got up this morning we realized that we couldn't make coffee at home (no, my macbook and Dash can't do that yet, but I am still holding out for the iLatte--come on Steve Jobs), so we piled into the car and headed down to Cafe Ladro in Bothell. We picked up a few hot coffees for the power crew who have been working since like 2:00am....they looked surprised.

It is amazing to me how even as I sit typing, and the temperature inside the house is dropping into the upper 50's, I can still connect and post a blog. What a day!

So hopefully the power crews can get things patched up, and things will get back to normal, but hey, abnormal is the new normal!

1 comment:

One of the dudes said...

Hopefully the coffe helped your power get on quicker?